The CITB Grants Scheme provides funding for CITB-registered employers to train, upskill and qualify their staff.
This ensures that the right skills are available to help the construction industry grow and that standards are maintained on site.
You can claim a grant once the training has been completed.
Who can claim a grant?
All CITB-registered employers can claim a grant, including those that don’t need to pay levy.
As an employer, you can claim grants for the employees you declare on your Levy Return who have completed training.
For training completed between 6 April 2015 to 31 July 2015, you can claim grants for:
- Labour-only subcontractors (LOSC) and
- Net CIS subcontractors.
For training completed from 1 August 2015 onwards, you can claim grants for:
- Pay as You Earn (PAYE) employees and
- Net CIS subcontractors.
What grants are available
View the grants available in the 2016/2017 Grants Scheme year. There are grants for a wide range of training and qualifications.
Is there a deadline?
For training and qualifications completed between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017, the CITB must receive your grant claim form by 31 October 2017.
For training and qualifications completed between 1 August 2015 and 31 July 2016, the CITB must have received your grant claim form by 31 October 2016.
How to claim
You need to complete your Levy Return by the deadline to be eligible to claim grants.
- Select the grant(s) you want to claim for.
- Download the appropriate grant claim form:
PDF (415KB): Grant claim form 2016/17
Excel (128KB): Grant claim form 2016/17
- Fill in the form. Complete a separate form for each training course or qualification you are claiming for.
- Keep a copy of each form for your records.
- Return the form(s) by email or post to the address below by 31 October. If you post the form, keep proof of postage.Email: email@example.com
Levy & Grant Customer Services
Norfolk, PE31 6RH
- You will receive a letter to confirm the CITB have received your claim. The letter will tell you if your claim has been approved or you need to provide further information.
Once your claim is approved, the CITB will pay your grant by bank transfer or cheque, usually within 28 days.
MECsafe currently have availability on the following CITB courses:
SMSTS – 20th March-18th April 2017 (day release)
SMSTS Refresher – 16th & 17th March 2017
SSSTS – 2nd & 3rd / 16th & 17th March 2017
SSSTS Refresher – 24th March 2017
Health & Safety Awareness – 7th / 15th / 21st March 2017 (Ask us about completing your CSCS test after the course)
SEATS (Environmental) – 17th March 2017