NVQ Level 2 Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services
Is this qualification for me?
This qualification is suitable if you are already working or looking to work in Non – structural Concreting within the construction industry. If you are currently not working in this sector you will need a work placement to complete this qualification.
What prior qualifications/levels of attainment do I need to take this qualification?
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. The qualification is suitable if you are aged 16 years or over.
What is the content of the qualification?
This is a 59 credit qualification, all the mandatory units must be completed and at least one unit from Group B and one unit from Group C. The units are as follows:
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Pouring Concrete to Form Structures in the Workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non – specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Segregating the Area for Highways Works in the Workplace
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Reinstating Ground Condition in the Workplace
- Reinstating Excavation and Highway Surfaces in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Placing and Compacting Concrete in the Workplace
- Preparing and Mixing Concrete and Mortars in the Workplace
- Preparing and operating forward tipping dumpers to receive, transport and discharge materials in the workplace
- Providing Temporary Excavation Support in the Workplace
- Installing Street Ironwork in the Workplace
- Preparing for, and arranging and securing plant or machinery for transportation in the Workplace
- Preparing to and directing and guiding the movement of vehicles, plant or machinery in the workplace
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Preparing and operating powered units, tools or pedestrian plant, machinery or equipment in the workplace.
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace
- Preparing and operating ride – on rollers to compact materials in the workplace
The qualification will be achieved using a variety of methods including:
Coursework, Practical Demonstration/Assignment and Portfolio of Evidence collected from your workplace. Most of the learning will take place in the workplace with the support of a subject specialist provided by your training provider.
For further details on this Level 2 Construction qualification, please call us on 01302 775900 or email us via contact us.