Hereford Construction News
Hereford MP Jesse Norman has been given ministerial responsibility for construction and infrastructure. He was the former chairman of the culture, media and sport select committee and has played trumpet for a parliamentary jazz band. Click here for the full article.
EDF director says group not worried after UK government delays Hinkley. The director-level source insisted that “the mood [within EDF] was very positive” despite business and energy secretary Greg Clark saying he would now need more time to consider the scheme.
From 1 August 2016 the following changes to Trainee cards will be introduced:
• Only one Trainee card (irrespective of occupation) will be available
• The card will be red in colour and clearly marked “Trainee”
• The occupation will not be displayed on the reverse of the card. It will simply say Trainee
• The card will be valid for 5 years and will be non-renewable
• Prior to applying for a card an applicant must register for a CSCS recognised construction related qualification
• SSSTS, SMSTS and NEBOSH General will not be accepted as routes to a Trainee card
• Applicants for a Trainee Card must have completed the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
• Applicants must complete their qualification before the Trainee card expires
• On completion of their qualification applicants can move onto a skilled CSCS card
For further information, please click here.
MECsafe offer Health & Safety Awareness courses and CSCS tests on the same day (at the same training centre), which is handy if you need to apply for a “Labourers” CSCS card! (We can even apply for your card for you)! You can find out further information here.