New Road and Streetworks (Initial) Course for Operatives & Supervisors
Course Aim: The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative or supervisor duties to the standards in-line with the NRSWA Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
Course Duration: 1 – 5 days (dependant on units)
– Location of underground apparatus.
– Signing, lighting and guarding.
– Excavation in the highway.
– Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials.
– Reinstatement of sub-base and road base nonbituminous materials.
– Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials.
– Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
– Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials.
Certification: Courses are available in units (supervisors: 001, 010 to 014 and 016) (operatives: 001 – 006 and 009), separate certificate is issued for each unit.