There was joy and sadness on Sunday evening as the closing cermony of the Paralympics ended.
If you have been under a rock for the last couple of weeks, you may not be aware team GB won 12% of the total number of gold medals available – the best since way back in 1968! Finishing second in the medal table behind China, GB set 49 Paralympic and 27 world records. Both the oldest (Anne Dunham) and youngest (Abby Kane) competitors on the team claimed medals, and 11 sports won gold medals with a record-equalling 15 securing at least one medal.
You can view the full medal table here.
So Well Done team GB! Now the challenge will be to maintain momentum and rise to the occasion once again in 2020!
A two-day celebration of the UK’s achievements at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Rio is to start with a homecoming parade for the athletes in Manchester on 17 October, with more festivities in London the following day.
Construction news this week…
- Moda Living and Apache Capital Partners have been given the green light for an £80m PRS development in Liverpool.
- The government’s buying arm, the Crown Commercial Service, has finally invited bids for its long-awaited £2.9bn consultancy framework, please click here for further info.
- here for full article. , click
MECsafe news this week…
There are still plenty of places available on our courses scheduled at Doncaster over the next couple of weeks:
- SMSTS – 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 Sept (block week)
- SMSTS – 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 Oct (day release)
- CCNSG Refresher – 30 Sept (book refresher training asap, to avoid having to attend the initial course again)!
- Fire Warden / Awareness – 26 Sept
If you would like to book or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.